By Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth
This highly-anticipated quantity has been broadly revised to mirror adjustments in know-how, electronic humanities equipment and practices, and institutional tradition surrounding the valuation and booklet of electronic scholarship.
- A absolutely revised version of a celebrated reference paintings, supplying the main finished and up to date choice of examine at present on hand during this quickly evolving discipline
- Includes new articles addressing topical and provocative concerns and concepts akin to unfashionable computing, computer fabrication, gender dynamics, and globalization
- Brings jointly an international workforce of authors who're pioneers of cutting edge examine within the electronic humanities
- Accessibly dependent into 5 sections exploring infrastructures, construction, research, dissemination, and the way forward for electronic humanities
- Surveys the earlier, current, and way forward for the sphere, delivering crucial study for someone attracted to larger knowing the idea, equipment, and alertness of the electronic humanities
Read Online or Download A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Within the sluggish Philosophy of J. M. Coetzee Jan Wilm analyses Coetzee's singular aesthetic type which, he argues, provokes the reader to learn his works slowly. The effected 'slow analyzing' is constructed right into a technique in particular geared to studying Coetzee's singular oeuvre, and it really is proven that his works productively slow down the interpreting method merely to dynamize the reader's reflexion in a manner that could be termed philosophical.
This publication highlights the significance of the cultural sphere, and particularly literature, in reaction and dialogue with the unparalleled phenomenon referred to as weather swap. Antonia Mehnert turns to a suite of up to date American works of fiction, examining them as a special reaction to the demanding situations of representing weather switch.
A pragmatic advisor to the paranormal heritage, customs, and practices of pre-Christian Northern Europe • info the standard magic of the Northern culture, together with family magic, safety spells, and the importance of the times of the week • Explores direct usual magic, reminiscent of shapeshifting and soul commute, and talismanic or sigil magic, together with runes and rituals to unencumber the facility of crafted gadgets • Explains what percentage of those customs proceed to the current day within the pre-Christian societies of Northern Europe, magic used to be embedded within the useful abilities of way of life.
A Richard Selzer Reader: Blood and Ink is a career-spanning assortment, together with significant brief tales and essays by way of the popular doctor-author. within the Nineteen Sixties, whereas training as a basic medical professional and educating surgical procedure on the Yale university of drugs, Richard Selzer started publishing designated artistic paintings in magazines similar to Harper’s and Esquire.
- International Perspectives on the Teaching of Literature in Schools: Global Principles and Practices (National Association for the Teaching of English (NATE))
- Routledge Revivals: William Shakespeare: The Anatomy of an Enigma (1990)
- The French Genealogy of the Beat Generation: Burroughs, Ginsberg and Kerouac's Appropriations of Modern Literature, from Rimbaud to Michaux
- The Historical Novel, Transnationalism, and the Postmodern Era: Presenting the Past (Routledge Studies in Comparative Literature)
- East-West Literary Imagination: Cultural Exchanges from Yeats to Morrison
- Imagining Sisterhood in Modern Chinese Texts, 1890–1937
Additional info for A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth